The Gunstream Gazette

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

No Nuts for Brinley

It's official...Brinley had allergy testing done and apparently she is allergic to nuts.  We got epi-pens and information on making sure what to check for and look for.  We even have to read the back of packages to make sure that food isn't processed in the same plant with peanuts.  So unfortunately for Brinley, no peanut butter, thai food, or M&Ms (her favorite).  So FYI no nuts for Brinley at all.  If you wonder what will happen if she eats them just refer to the picture below and expect to take her to the ER.  It sure is scary to see Brinley like this.  I'm praying that she might out grow it.



    


2 comments:

Kym said...

Ok, that's it, peanuts are banned from the nursery! As well as many other things! I would love to talk with you about her allergy. Sweet baby girl! I am glad you know now while she is so young and you can take precautions!

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

Poor thing! That doesn't look fun at all.

We weren't able to make it up to Idaho just yet. I'll let you know when we do, I'm hoping within the month, I still want to get together if we can.