We as a nation are so blessed to be able to vote for our nation's leader. I really don't think this is something to take for granted and it is our right to make an informed/educated vote. So, I feel sort of guilty getting on this soap box, but I think it's important. If we don't educate ourselves as Americans then we can't complain about what happens to the United States and the decisions our elected leader (who the majority of the voters voted for) do. It is starting to bug me that so many people plan on voting but don't have any idea who stands for what. Presidential elections are NOT a HIGH SCHOOL popularity contest! It truly doesn't bother me who you vote for, as long as you have educated yourself on the candidates. I personally think that you need to vote for the person who agrees with you on most issues and if you want someone to agree with you on all issues...good luck. At that point you need to prioritize what issues are most important to you. I really do have a sense of peace at this point with whoever is elected and I know that God can make something good come out of anybody. God is bigger than all that might happen. For example, if the person you voted for is not elected, I think that God might have a bigger plan for that person. We should continue to pray for them as our leader, no matter what. Good can come out of any situation even if we can't see it right away. I just hope and pray that before anyone goes to vote that they at least take the responsibility they have to make an informed decision. I am so sorry if I have offended anyone, that was not my intent. I just had to get this off my chest. I found CNNPolitics.com, then click on the issues tab, it summarizes each candidate's stance on most important issues, including their Senate voting records with links for more information. It is a help. I found it brief enough for me to find time to compare each candidate's stance for issues that matter the most to me. I feel like this website was a big help for me in either deciding or confirming my voting choice. For any of you who are undecided, you might appreciate this website if you haven't already seen it. Hope that this helps!

2 comments:
i found that site last week and thought it was great. easy to read, gets to the point without pages of info, etc.. it was helpful to me and gave me insight into areas i was not familiar with. thanks for sharing!
Oh, how I agree. We are a priviledged nation in every way, especially voting. I am training my children that this is an honor and is to be taken seriously, studied and prayed about. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this issue. In the midst of this presidential election year, I have found myself neglecting the study of the local canidates. Now I have homework for the next two weeks to decide these.
Post a Comment