The Gunstream Gazette

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

How Do You Keep Up On House Cleaning?

Seriously.  How do you keep up on cleaning your house?  Don't get me wrong, my house is clean, it just seems a lot more tedious now.  I have found since Brinley was born that I just don't get my regular house cleaning done on a regular basis.  I am aware that if I didn't spend as much time creating new blog post that would free up at least ten more minutes, but I know many of you have a schedule or routine.  Would you mind sharing that with me?  I know that there has got to be a easier or better way.  Or just pray that my attitude towards cleaning my house changes.  Maybe I just need to get that part of my life into a routine also.  If you have this part of your life figured out please share, if you don't mind. 

THANKS!!!

5 comments:

Kym said...

Far from figured out! Believe me. I dream of having a beautifully clean home, but alas... However, I have learned a lot from www.flylady.net Beware, it can become an obsession so be careful!

Shawna said...

Prior to homeschooling, I did all my cleaning on one day. I had laundry going all day, cleaned both bathrooms, cleaned kitchen, vacuumed and mopped, and dusted. My goal was to get it done by lunch (except laundry), but that did not always happen. For me, once I get going, I am motivated and I have to finish. I do not deep clean by any means, more of a wipe and go! Since I have started homeschooling, I try and do it in the afternoons, and it usually doesn't all happen in one day...but I have come to realize that a picked up house is just as good! I do the other cleaning when I can! You are doing great...don't worry about it!

Rachel said...

Okay, so I can't say I actually use this all the time, but I have made myself a schedule of the weekly cleaning tasks broken down into one or two each day. Mondays are dusting, Tuesdays are vacuuming downstairs, Wednesdays are cleaning the kitchen floor and bathroom downstairs, etc. I gave myself smaller tasks to complete each day and then gave myself Sunday off. It allows for those things to be completed while Grace sleeps and it isn't as overwhelming as a big long list. :)

Leah said...

I am not a good person to give advice on this matter. I really only clean when I'm especially ticked off (at whom shall remain nameless). I'm just too wiped out every evening and twice as much on weekends. There just ain't enough energy in the day!

Kristen said...

I have myself on a little schedule but I don't always stick to it. There isn't time to do any type of deep down cleaning at this stage of life with young kids, homeschooling, kids' activities, and being involved at church. Here is my schedule:
M- laundry plus towels, vacuum main floor, stairs, mop hardwood.
T - vacuum upstairs, quick run over steps, main floor, wash entry floors, clean bathrooms, touch up kitchen floor
W- laundry, vacuum main floor, steps, kitchen floor if needed, clean car
Th - vacuum up, steps, main floor, touch up bathrooms, entry floors if needed
F - laundry, vacuum main floor, steps, any touch up cleaning anywhere else
weekend - this is when i try to deep clean if there is time but no other cleaning on the weekend. i do sheets either on a t, th every few weeks.

morgan is in charge of dusting and windows. it doesn't get done like I would do it, but it is getting done on a weekly basis and i don't have to do it.

hope that helps. i am a bit over the top about vacuuming my floors but with a cat and dog in the house i need to be. i don't do a great job with the furniture or edges but it is clean enough.