For quite sometime now, Chad and I have been considering whether or not to cut Brinley's hair. We go back and forth. We fear that if we cut bangs that it will require a lot more maintenance than it is worth. Also, if we cut her hair shorter will we loose some of the curl? Then we wonder if her hair would look healthier and more put together if we did cut it.

We are looking for suggestions or opinions at this point. What do you think we should do with Brinley's hair? Leave it or cut it? If you think we should cut it, how would you suggest cutting it?
Here are some more recent pictures of how Brinley wears her hair.
This is a perfect picture of why we think of cutting her hair:
-hair hanging in her eyes or mouth
The two ponytail look:
-great for the first hour then messy!
The easiest hair style,
but reverts back to the first picture as soon as we have lost the barrettes
The single ponytail:
This is the most recent type of style we can do!
We like this one but then all the stragglers start coming out.
4 comments:
Just remember...this too shall pass. Her hair is at that difficult growing out stage. I know, I have boys so what do I know about girls but I was a nanny for 13 years and did my share of little girls' hair. =) In my experience, bangs and a little evening up trim really help get over this hurdle until her hair grows out and gets a little thicker. Nothing drastic just a little trim.
Anyway, that's my two cents. =)
Ok here is my opinion.... from a mom of 2 boys I know, but hear me out. When G was little he had lotsa hair but I didn't want to cut it because I didn't want him to loose that baby look. But after he turned one Jason told me it was time and I agreed so I saddly took him and he got his first hair cut. I was sad for about 5 minutes. He did look older but he looked SOOO much better. He didn't look shaggy or frumpy anymore. I look back at his pictues from that time and NOW I get kind of annoyed that I didn't so it sooner! My second boy got his first hair cut at like 6 months old!! Long story to say you'll probably love a hair cut.
Here's my story: I didn't think about cutting Gracie's hair until my mom mentioned it might help with the craziness & once I did it I realized how bad she had needed it! It gave it more shape & made it look a lot neater. Go for it!
Post a Comment