We are stuck in a rut with our veggies. I feel like I'm always cooking them the same way and I know that I will have a few more options of veggies when summer gets here but I need some new ways to prepare veggies. We eat a lot of frozen corn, peas, broccoli, canned green beans, and salad. The frozen veggies are usually just cooked in water until they are warm and then we eat them plain but I am open for suggestions or even new ways that are healthy to eat them. If you have any great veggie ideas and would like to share, please be my guest. I would even love to hear some salad ideas with dressings. I know my friend Micah always has new and great salad ideas...anyone else?
Here is my summer veggie idea to share:
Fresh Zucchini cut in half length wise.
spray it with Pam or Put some Olive Oil on your hand and wipe the zucchini down on all sides
sprinkle some lemon pepper on it
then put them on the grill or BBQ for about five minutes on both sides
4 comments:
Stephanie I know what you mean when it comes to veggies. Here is one that I enjoy,
1 bag of frozen french cut green beans
1/2 cup of sliced almonds
1/4 cup chopped onions
olive oil
Cook green beans al dente, on the side toast the almonds to a light brownish color and set them aside. In a little olive oil saute the onions. When you are ready to serve combine all these together and season with salt (I like to do this last step just before we sit down that way the almonds remain crunchy)
Enjoy,
Daily, I eat either brocoli or asparagus fixed this way, usually at lunch:
Turn on broiler,
Wash veggies,
place on cookie sheet,
spray lightly with pam,
salt/pepper to taste and broil till tender done (personal preference here, I like the tops of the brocoli and asparagus a little crispy, the rest tender).
Variations, add garlic or parmasean cheese, etc. before broiling. It is a yummy way to enjoy veggies.
Deceptively Delicious is the name of a book a friend of mine blogged about recently. It's supposed to give great ideas on how to disguise the veggie group while providing your famiy their full daily allowance.
Check out this blog. I really like her recipes. She has some creative ways to prepare veggies. We really liked the mashed cauliflower with cheese and dill recipe.
http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2005/04/vegetables-and-vegetarian-dishes.html
Post a Comment